We Need To Talk About Arthritis
“The common perception is that arthritis is an old person’s disease and there’s nothing you can do about it but suck it up. Well, that’s not true at all.” – John Fleming
Arthritis in America
- More than 54 million Americans live with some form of arthritis
- The percentage of adults with arthritis varies by state, ranging from 17.2% in Hawaii to 33.6% in West Virginia.
- The most common form of arthritis is Osteoarthritis (OA) and it affects approximately 30 million Americans
Arthritis in Canada
- One in six Canadians aged 15 and older report having arthritis
- Arthritis is the leading cause of disability among women and third largest cause among men in Canada
- Arthritis costs the Canadian economy approximately $33 billion in health-care and lost productivity each year
What Can You Do?
Doctors traditionally treat arthritis with anti-inflammatory medications, painkillers and other forms of medications. However, some medications can cause unwanted side effects, resulting in a host of other medical problems.
Phototherapy / Cold Laser Therapy:
Cold laser therapy is a medical treatment that uses low-level lasers. The technology utilizes super luminous and laser diodes to irradiate diseased or traumatized tissue with photons. These particles of energy are selectively absorbed by the cell membrane and intracellular molecules, resulting in the initiation of a cascade of complex physiological reactions. This leads to the restoration of normal cell structure and function.
- Cold laser therapy or phototherapy is considered safe. It is non-invasive, painless and drug-free. There have been no reported adverse results or side effects of BioFlex Laser Therapy throughout the company’s nearly 30 year history.
- Numerous clinical studies have demonstrated the benefits of using LLLT (Low Level Laser Therapy) / Cold Laser Therapy / Phototherapy, as it reduces pain caused by osteoarthritis (OA) and improves microcirculation in the irradiated area.
BioFlex Cold Laser Therapy
BioFlex Cold Laser Therapy is a type of phototherapy that has been effectively used to treat patients for a range of musculoskeletal conditions, most notably cervical and lumbar spine conditions, arthritis and repetitive stress injuries.